PDE Consulting Limited is an independently owned consultancy providing specialist planning, environmental permitting and property advice to the aggregates, waste management and industrial property sectors. There is currently an opportunity for a new permanent position, based at our Shrewsbury office.
Working in a small team, the successful candidate will be trained to assist with planning and environmental permit applications, environmental monitoring reports and environmental management systems.
There will be an element of site work including undertaking construction quality assurance on landfill liners and borehole installations. You will also be part of a monitoring team undertaking monthly routine groundwater, surface water and landfill gas monitoring at a number of operational and closed landfill sites throughout East Anglia and the Midlands.
The work is multi-disciplinary, and candidates will be considered from a wide variety of technical backgrounds including geology, environmental science and town planning.
- For the Consultant’s position, candidates should have at least 2 years’ appropriate experience and an up to date understanding of the relevant regulatory regimes.
- Have a relevant university degree (2.1 and above).
- Membership or working towards membership of relevant body (e.g. CIWM, IEMA or RTPI).
- Excellent written and personal communication skills are essential to effectively liaise with clients, regulatory authorities and contractors.
- A full clean UK driving licence
In return, we offer an indicative starting salary of £22,000 pa for a graduate consultant and £26,000 pa for a consultant (depending on experience) and a commitment to help the successful candidate reach their full potential through a programme of on the job training.
If you are interested in joining our dedicated team, please forward your CV and covering letter explaining your suitability for the post to Suzanne@pdeconsulting.co.uk.
Closing date for applications: 28 February 2021.